Nothing is more messed up than the environment at the minute, so I thought I would build an eco-simulator where the player has to keep the ecosystem alive as long as possible. This is my entry for the 'What a Mess' weekly game jam.
The player has to click the + button to introduce predators in order to keep the insects under control, preventing them from devouring all of the foliage. Both the insects and predators follow rules:
- The game will include habitat that insects will feed off
- Feeding insects gain energy
- Increased insect feeding will result in a shrinking landscape
- Reduced insect feeding will result in an expanding landscape
- Insects can only reproduce if they have sufficient energy
- Insects die if energy levels reach zero
- One predator at a time will be introduced by the player
- A maximum of three introductions at a time
- Predators feed off insects to gain energy
- Predators can only reproduce if they have sufficient energy
- Predators die if energy levels reach zero
This was built over a weekend. The game's progress can be read here:
The game is not perfect (even the bugs have bug!) but I really enjoyed coming up with the rules and building the game around them.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.